Friday, November 5, 2010

Group Projects

This week our English 101 class had our first group project. The class was split up into five groups and each group had to cover a topic. For example my group covered resumes. Anyways, so far in my first semester of college at BSU this has been my first group project. In the past few days I have learned a lot about working with others. First of all, when working with a group it is very important to stay on task. There is limited time to prepare a presentation and it is important to make it as effective as possible. Also, I learned that staying on task is essential to a group presentation because if it is not finish it in the time allotted during class it may  be difficult to finish it out of class. For example, I commute to school and work most of the time I am not in school so it was going to be tough to get back to the campus to work with my group. Luckily, we found sometime to meet up in the library. Another very important lesson I learned about group presentations is about performance. Always make eye contact. Be able to move around but do not move around such that it takes away from your presentation. When you are not speaking in your group do not be distracting. Lastly, practice the presentation. This is probably the most important part aside from the actual presentation itself. Something can look good on paper, but when it is live it may not be good. Practicing can avoid a bad presentation and allow for changes as well.

This is a great website I found with tips for presentations. Check it out.
http://www.aresearchguide.com/3tips.html

No comments:

Post a Comment