Friday, November 12, 2010

Building a Great Paper

On Wednesday we discussed the reading about how to deliver a great paper. I thought these readings were really informative and are going to help me improve my work substantially. I think that everyone has heard of each topic that was introduced in the reading, but I do not think everyone knows how to effectively use each writing strategy to write a good paper. These readings really helped me to learn how to develop a thesis. A lot of the time when I write a paper my thesis is very weak. My transitions from paragraph to paragraph a very weak as well, and sometimes I think it makes certain parts of my paper not make sense. Also, I have been working really hard this year to work on my conclusions because I feel like I just write a few sentences that are not well written. I think I did this because I did not know how to effectively write a conclusion. Lastly, the readings taught me to create a great title for each piece of work. This year I have tried to incorporate a title for each and every piece of work I have created. I try to make a title that is creative,and does not give away to much so that i hook the readers in. Over all, I think these readings are going to help me develop a great essay for our next project.  Not only will they help me with the next project but they will help me with all my writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment