Friday, October 15, 2010

Revise your work

After reading Revising Your Own Work on pages 386-391 a whole new world of revision was brought into my world of writing papers. Many new techniques were introduced to me during this chapter. Right away I learned that a first draft can be quickly prepared and then to edit it. This was interesting to me because I always write my entire paper and then usually go back and really pull it apart and edit it. This was a significant lesson to me because when I write an entire paper like this when I am reading it after I find out that I have gotten away from the main topic of my paper or that there is essential information missing. Another very important lesson I learned from this chapter is that after writing a draft,  is to put the paper aside for a few hours or a day or two. This is a useful technique because it give your eyes and mind a break. When you come back to the paper your eyes will be fresh and you may notice errors that one would not have noticed before. Overall the key to a successful paper is to take the time and edit so the audience is addressed and everything flows. This chapter has been very helpful to me I plan on taking these techniques and using them to my advantage. These techniques are going to help me get ahead on papers so that I am not rushing to get them done.

1 comment:

  1. I like the tseps that you will take in reviseing your work, i belive that if you take these steps your papers will be better than if you didnt.

    ReplyDelete